Regular septic inspections are a prudent and vital component of any maintenance plan and are the best known way to keep your entire septic system operating safely and problem free for decades.
A Septic Tank And Your Home
If you have a septic tank, or are considering the purchase of a home with one, there are life-saving facts you need to know about septic tanks.
Septic tanks takes the sewage from the house, the solids settle out and grease floats to the top. Between the two layers is a clear watery layer that is piped away to an absorption area where it is allowed to percolate away, through the soil. Soil bacteria break down any nutrients before the sewage reaches the water bearing rocks, or any streams.
A septic tank is usually buried in the ground. There are three main types of septic tanks, all of which cause different concerns.
Steel tanks rust, especially when buried in the ground. A steel septic tank can be so corroded that it can lead to someone walking over it falling through and into the tank. The hapless person is suffocated by the methane generated in the tank, or drowns.
Concrete tanks may be damaged internally, leading to permanent and expensive to rectify damage to the absorption drain-field.
The worst septic tanks are those built from concrete blocks on site. Sometimes the blocks are just laid and not cemented together. Even if they are cemented together years of attack from acidic sewage will dissolve the mortar. These tanks can collapse without warning and probably fail to meet local planning and environmental protection regulations.
How do you tell if your septic tank has problems?
If there are ANY areas of sunken ground around it STAY AWAY. Call in a professional immediately. If you step on these areas you could fall through, into the septic tank. These are signs that your septic tank has partially collapsed.
Check for signs of solid sewage material in the drain-field area. If the drain-field has been contaminated because the septic tank has not been pumped out regularly, this can be very expensive to rectify.
If you are buying a home with a septic tank, you should insist on the tank being pumped out and an investigation by a septic tank contractor should be carried out. It is not possible to examine it properly while it is full.
You may have to pay for a professional to give you a report, but this will be a tiny amount compared to the cost of any necessary remedial work. Call ABE Septic Service today. We can help.
Call ABC today to learn more about how septic tank pumping can save your home or business from costly septic problems and potential health risks.
Wastewater from septic tanks can also be drained to underground irrigation systems to water shade trees, ground covers, fruit trees or shrubs.
Our work is guaranteed. We get it right the first time. However in the event that human error should ever occur or malfunction in materials or products, we will stand behind our work and our word and make it right.
If you compare aerobic treatment plants with any conventional septic tank, you will find that aerobic treatment plants can break down any kind of organic matter with more efficiency than septic tanks.
ABC Septic Service is a full service company that is committed to not only meet, but exceed our client’s expectations every time.
We can pump from your driveway rain or shine anytime. Call A-B-C Septic Service today at 662-851-0011. For after hours emergencies, call 901-626-6680.
Septic tank pumping is a must. Regularly cleaning your septic tank is the key to the life of your septic system.
Plastic septic tanks are constructed from polyethylene resins as a great alternative to concrete because they last just as long, take half the effort to install, and lower your overall septic tank cost.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- About Us
- Anti spam
- Arlington MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Ashland MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Byhalia MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Byhalia Septic Service
- Collierville MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Contact Us
- Coupons Specials
- Eads MS Septic Tank Cleaning Service
- FB Policy
- FTC Statement
- Hernando MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Holly Springs MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Horn Lake MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Lamar MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Memphis MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Mt Pleasant MS Septic Tank Cleaning Service
- Oakland MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Olive Branch MS Septic Tank Cleaning Service
- Oxford MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Potts Camp MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Senatobia MS Septic System Cleaning Service
- Septic Tank & Water Treatment Plant
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Arlington MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Ashland MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Byhalia MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Collierville MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Eads MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Hernando MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Holly Springs MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Horn Lake MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Lamar MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Memphis MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Mt Pleasant MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Oakland MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Olive Branch MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Oxford MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Potts Camp MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Senatobia MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Snow Lake Shores MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Southaven MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Tunica MS
- Septic Tank Cleaning in Walls MS
- Sewer Repair
- Snow Lake Shores MS Septic Tank Cleaning Service
- Southaven MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Thank You
- Tunica MS Tank Cleaning Service
- Walls MS Septic System Cleaning Service